Mylio is designed to keep all of your photos with you on all of your devices all of the time. This means that getting Mylio installed on all of your devices is an integral part of the Mylio experience.
Mylio can be installed on Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows devices that meet Mylio’s system requirements. Each device can be used to store all Original files or sync with optimized versions of your files to save space.
To better protect your photos you can add additional Vaults that have the necessary storage to want Original images. Alternatively, you can add a device to sync in auto-optimized quality so that you can show off your pictures wherever you are. To add a new device:
- Open the Dashboard.
- Select the “+Add” button from the Actions or Devices sections.
- Mylio will offer recommendations for syncing your photos. These may include:
- External Drive – Use a directly attached drive (USB or Thunderbolt) as a device to hold Originals.
- Cloud Service – Add Amazon Drive, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive as remote devices to sync with.
- NAS – After explaining NAS devices requirements, Mylio will allow you to select a network-attached storage device to be hosted by your computer.
- Phone or tablet – Use the camera on your mobile device to scan the displayed QR code and download Mylio from the iOS App or Google Play stores.
- Computer – Enter your email for a download link to install the latest version of Mylio on your other computer or follow the listed instructions.
Once selected, Mylio will guide you through getting started on these devices.