Organizing your files by hand can be time-consuming and tedious. Luckily with Mylio, you can have your photos’ metadata scanned and split into folders automatically.
When running the auto-organize feature there are a few things to know:
- The actions are permanent as they are being applied to the folders itself.
- Your photos will be sorted outside of Mylio as well as inside of Mylio.
- Mylio organizes your photos based off of metadata, if metadata is incorrect then the files will not be sorted correctly.
Running the auto-organize command is easy and can be done from any computer. This feature is not available on iOS or Android, though your changes from a computer will sync to those devices.
- Select the folder(s) that you want to auto-organize. The organize command can only be applied to a single folder or multiple folders, and not to photos themselves.
- Navigate to the Organize menu and select Organize Files…
- The auto-organize menu will open and show you some popular ways to organize your photos:- Year/Month – Photos will be separated into year folders with each month having its own folder inside of the year.
– Year – All photos separated into the year they were taken.
– Day – Photos organized by the day they were taken.
– Custom – Allows for extensive custom organization.
- Once the command has been run, the photos will be displayed in their new hierarchy automatically. The new structure will be synced between devices.