Mylio uses a common background service called Bonjour to broadcast and connect devices on the same network. In some instances, Bonjour may not run properly causing your devices to not display in the Dashboard. In many circumstances, Mylio will display the message “Connectivity Issues with Bonjour. See Details…”.
Below are steps that can be taken to enable Bonjour and sync your devices.
Turning on Bonjour On Mac
- Close Mylio.
- Open Finder.
- Select Go at the top of the screen.
- Select Utilities.
- Locate and open Terminal.
- Within Terminal, copy and paste this code, then press enter:
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
- Terminal will ask you to verify your administrator account name and password. If you are unsure of this information, Apple has instructions on locating it here.
- Then, copy and paste this code and press enter:
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
- Open Mylio. Your devices will be listed as connected in the Sync panel and Dashboard.
Turning on Bonjour On Windows
- Close Mylio.
- Press the windows key and type Services.
- Select Services – Desktop App from the search results.
- In the list of services, locate Bonjour Service.
- Right-click on the service and select Start, Automatic, or Restart.
- Close the Services App and open Mylio. Your devices will be listed as connected in the Sync panel and Dashboard.
Turning on Bonjour on iOS, Android
Bonjour for mobile devices is a service that runs automatically in the background. If this service is not running as expected, simply restarting (powering off, then powering back on) the device may fix this issue.
On Android devices, please ensure you are not running a package disabler that may be disabling this core service.