Like searching in Mylio, filtering allows you to quickly and easily find a specific photo or set of photos.
Mylio’s Filter bar can be opened by selecting the funnel icon at the top left of Mylio.
It is important to remember that unlike a search, performing a filter will look for media inside of your current container. For example, if you perform a filter while in the “Best Photos” folder, Mylio will only filter the results of the “Best Photos” folder.
Once the Filter bar has been opened, you’ll be shown options for performing your filter. Selecting one of these filter types will then show options below related to that filter.
- Custom – Allows for a text to be entered that follows the same rules as the Search bar.
- Date – Choose from today, yesterday, the last 24 hours, this month, last month, the last 30 Days, this year, last year, or the last 365 Days.
- Type – Choose whether you are filtering for Photos, Videos, or Documents.
- Categories – Select what applied or inherited categories are shown.
- People – Mylio will display a list of all of the known people in your library. Choosing someone from this list will limit your filter to images that include that person. This is a full list of your library so scrolling or swiping to the right may be needed to view all persons.
- Stars – Filter for images with a specific rating.
- Labels – Filter for images with a specific label.
- Flagged – Filter for images that have or do not have a flag.
- Cameras – Mylio will display a list of all of the cameras in your library. Choosing one from this list will limit your filter to images that were taken with that camera. This is a full list of your library’s cameras so scrolling or swiping to the right may be needed to view all cameras.
- Multiple types of filters can be applied at once. When different types of filters are applied, a green dotted line will be seen under the filter name to indicate it is on.
- You can adjust the sorting options of your filter by using the SORT view found in the View menu. Generally, filters can be sorted by Name or Date, in ascending or descending order.