When first logging in to Mylio on your Android device you will be asked if you would like to import your device’s Media Library. The Media Library includes any photos that you have taken with your Android device or any photo manually loaded to your Media Library through a computer or other app.
If you need to reimport your Media Library for any reason, you can do so with the steps below.
Importing Your Media Library
If during setup you asked Mylio to not import your Media Library, you can add it at any time with these steps:
- Open Mylio on your Android device.
- Open Mylio’s Settings from the View menu.
- Tap Import.
- Tap Media Library.
- Mylio will automatically create a folder for your Android device outside the Mylio Pictures folder named “Your_Device’s_Name’s Library”.
Mylio’s Relationship with the Media Library
Mylio has a unique relationship with your device’s Media Library in order to ensure your photos are safe inside and outside of your Mylio Library. In general, Mylio has read-only access to your Media Library. Here are the guidelines for how Mylio and your camera roll communicate:
- When importing your photos, Mylio references the original images. It does not duplicate the image.
- When importing, Mylio will make a Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview, depending on your setup.
- If a photo is deleted from the Media Library before Mylio is opened, the photo will not be imported.
- If a photo taken with your Android device is deleted from Mylio, it will not delete from the Media Library but will be deleted on all other devices.
- If a photo is deleted from the Media Library after being imported but before the Original has synced to another device, only the Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview will remain since Mylio is simply referencing on the original file.
- If a photo is deleted from the Media Library after being imported and after syncing the Original to another device, only the Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview will remain on the Android device, but the Original will remain in the synced location.
Was this article helpful?