How to Send Logs
While troubleshooting with a Mylio representative you may be asked to send logs to help solve an issue. Logs may include information about your library and recent actions that you have made. It does not include any photos (except a screenshot if specified). This article will help you understand how to send logs.
- Select Help from the View menu.
- Select Contact Mylio Support.
- Fill in a subject and any comments that help describe the issue. If asked to customize your logs, you can do so with the gear at the top right.
- Confirm if you would or would not like to give Mylio Support access to collect logs regardings this issue later.
- Select Upload to send the logs to your Mylio Support Team member.
Submitting Helpful Screenshots
Sometimes, a Mylio Support team member may request a specific set of screenshots. Providing an informative screenshot can cut the diagnostic time for your issue down drastically, but it must be done in a very specific manner. Here is how:
- Open Mylio on a computer.
- Bring as many devices online as possible by opening Mylio on them while they’re on the same network.
- Navigate to Mylio’s Settings from the View menu.
- Select Advances, then toggle on Sync Panel.
- Open the Sync panel by selecting “Sync” from within the Details panel.
Note: The Sync panel can be turned on by entering the Device Settings, selecting Advanced Settings, and toggling on the Sync Panel option.
- Ensure that both the Devices and Activity sections of the Sync panel are open and visible.
- With the Sync panel open, click on folders twice in the View Selector. Clicking this twice will take you to the top level of your library and ensure that nothing is selected.
- The Sync panel will now display information about your full library instead of a specific selection. This will tell us where your images are and where they need to go.
- To take a screenshot on Mac, press Command+shift+3 to have the image saved to your desktop. That image can then be emailed to your support member.
- To take a screenshot on Windows, press Control+PrtScn, open the Paint application and paste (Control+v) the image. You can then save the image and email it your support member.
Your screenshot should look like this…
Sending Full Logs
Some advanced troubleshooting may need to be done when contacting Mylio Support. If asked by a support team member to send “Full Logs”, here is how you do it:
- Open the View Menu (3 vertical dots in the top0right corner), then select `Help`, then `Console`.
- In the top right corner of the Console is a tiny gear icon. Click on this gear to open the Logging Settings. Take note of where they are currently set to and then move both sliders for ETM and Text logging all the way to the right. This will “increase the logging level” that Mylio records.
- Let Mylio run while reproducing the issue. Once your devices have reached a point where no more progress is being made in the Notificatons and Activities center send the logs from the computer.
- To send us logs, open the View menu again, then select “Help”, then “Contact Support”. Type in a title and hit upload.
- After sending us the logs, go to the Console Settings (little gear icon) and move the sliders back to their normal levels.