Mylio is a powerful tool that gives you direct control over your file system. Because of this, it is important to know the difference between removing a file and deleting it.
Removing a folder in Mylio will remove the images from your Mylio Library. This means that the photo will no longer be displayed in Mylio and no longer be available to sync between your devices.
When removing a folder from Mylio, you will need to select and remove the top-level folder of your import. For example, if you import a folder called “Animals” and includes 3 folders, “Zebras”, “Cats”, and “Elephants”, you are not able to remove the “Cats” folder as it is part of the “Animals” folder. Instead, you would need to remove the full “Animals” folder.
Removing a folder from Mylio is easy:
- Open Mylio and select the folder that you would like to remove.
- Select the folder and right-click on it (Control+click on Mac).
- Select Remove folder from Catalog.
- Mylio will automatically remove the folder from all of your devices, but the original files will stay on the drive in their original location
Deleting a file with Mylio will completely delete the file from your computer. The image will no longer be displayed in Mylio and will be sent to the trash on your computer (or instantly deleted on iOS and Android).
If you’ve added this folder as a Source Folders, Mylio will be deleting the original image from its referenced location.
To delete a file or folder:
- Open Mylio and select the file or folder you would like to delete.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard or select the trash can in the Quick Actions Bar.
- Select Delete from ALL devices.
Remove from this Device
If you are currently utilizing Selective Sync to allow for additional control over your Mylio Library, you’ll be given the option to remove a file directly from your library. This option does not remove the file itself from your device, but instead removes the Original and Preview file from your machine, leaving the Thumbnail in place. This allows you to manually clear up space on your device if needed.
To remove a specific file from the device you are using:
- Ensure Selective Sync is on.
- Select the file or folder you would like to remove from the device you are using.
- Press the Delete key on a computer or select the trash can at the bottom of the center panel on your mobile device.
- Select Remove or Remove from this Device.