In some instances, users with Mac laptops may notice that their computer continues to operate and not sleep as expected when Mylio (or any application that accesses a wireless network) is running and the lid is closed. This is due to a macOS setting that prevents the computer from sleeping properly when an application is utilizing a network connection.
There are two recommended ways of fixing this issue:
- When closing your laptop, ensure that you have quit out of the Mylio application.
- Disable the setting that prevents the Mac from sleeping properly when the lid is closed. This can be done by following these steps…
- Select the Apple menu in the top left corner of your computer.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Battery to open the energy saver preferences.
- Select Battery from the left side of the next window and uncheck the “Wake for network access” option within this preference pane.